Wingless and creepy fleas can really give your pet a sleepless night. Most of these fleas love to survive on warm vertebrates and breed countless number of times given the right conditions.
Here Are 5 More Home Remedies That Help In Getting Rid Of Fleas In Pets
1. You can make use of the flea trap remedies available at home. A good dish washing liquid is a great way of preventing insects from infesting the dog or the pet.
Put in a few drops of dish washing liquid into the bathing water and then apply it on the dog.
This will kill the fleas and create a much healthy environment for your pet.
2. Catch hold of a herbal flea spray that helps in scaring away fleas. The herbal sprays are relatively harmless for humans and are made of lemon juice and witch hazel. This combination is very good for the pet and is a great way to keep your pets in good humor. You can also use vacuums to extract the dead fleas after the flea spray is applied.
3. You can also use table salt to get rid of tough fleas. These are a great menace to pets and cause a lot of skin issues. You can use salt as a dehydration agent and then cause the fleas to die. The bodies often die out and the dry skin in your pet promotes the death of these parasites.
4. You can also use a good amount of boric acid salt and rub it on the pet’s body. This salt acts as a dessicant and is a great dehydrating agent that kills the fleas by sucking the water out of their bodies. The damage done to pets is minimal and the larvae and eggs are also carefully exterminated.
5. The last way of killing pet fleas is through the application of the Diatomaceous Earth or the DE. These are microscopic remains of the fossilized algae better known as diatoms.
The cell walls of these diatoms are made of active ingredients such as silica and this is glass in layman’s terms.
The silica shards cut through the flea skin and kills them drastically.
The dehydration caused by it also prevents the birth of new fleas in the body. Shards are non toxic for the animal skin but are deadly for fleas.
If you love your dog, you would like to keep in healthy and clean. There are many natural medications such as flea and tick preventatives that are able to prevent the growth of these menacing pests. The potential danger from these flea exterminators, chemical and otherwise is quite big. A lot of times, small children often touch the pets, these then cause a lot of poisoning in the pets. Harmful diseases and side effects can then cause a lot of problems in children and you may have to face a lot of troubles.
Here Are The Top 5 Herbal And Natural Ways Of Keeping The Beasties Away In The Long Run:
1. Use the flea collar to ward off pests in pets. It is often a great way to ward off fleas and you need to apply a topical solution of cedar oil, lavender oil and water. These chosen oils should be applied to the collar and you should rub the sides of the collar with your hands. This should be then tied around the collar of the dog. In case, the pet has some fleas stuck to its tail, apply olive oil liberally on the tail.
2.You should also use a flea deterring drink along side remedies at home. The pets should be fed a daily dose of milk that has 1 teaspoon of distilled vinegar and apple cider vinegar. You can also add this composition to the drinking water. This significantly improves the skin of the pet and the coat condition is free of fleas.
3. You should use a flea comb that has lemon and limonene. This is a chemical that is able to kill fleas and many times repel it.
4. If you also want the pet to get a gleaming finish, you need to use the flea spray generously and wait till the solution takes action to repel fleas.
5. You can also opt for the flea gone bag. This is a sachet that has a pleasant smell but drives the fleas away from pets. For most humans, the smell is beautiful.
In case you want to keep your pet healthy and comfortable, it makes sense to wash him or her regularly at home. This process should be carried out till the flea attacks noticeably changes and lessens.
Fleas are black coloured, small and flat bodied insects that are found almost everywhere. Fleas are very difficult to kill as they jump very quickly and increase their body length multiple times. Fleas generally like to feed on the blood of higher body temperature, so they mainly attack pet animals like dogs and cats. They mostly grow in a warm and humid environment and reproduce rapidly.
When your cat or kitten comes in contact with the flea infested environment, they get attacked by fleas. Flea infested areas are, backyards, inside the house, or park.
Some of the symptoms are:
Loss of hair, mostly behind the ears, tail and back legs
Repeatedly licking the skin
Inflammation due to biting and scratching
Agitation and edginess
Here, are a few tips that will help you to get your cat rid of fleas naturally:
1. Use of Apple Cider Vinegar
Using apple cider vinegar is one of the best natural home remedy to treat any disease. You can mix it well and fill it in a spray bottle. You can simply drench your cat’s coat with this solution and gently comb it.
2. Flea Comb
Opt for a special flea comb for your cat. Gently brush your cat’s fur close to its skin near the affected areas. The flea comb brings out the fleas easily without hurting your pet.
3. Unique Flea Trap
You can fill a shallow dish with warm soapy water. Place it under the night light. As fleas are attracted towards light, in the morning you will find fleas drowned in the water.
4. Floor Washing
The most important part is to maintain proper hygiene in the house to avoid the growth of fleas. Using lemon solution will give you the best results.
5. Essential Oil Bath
Give your pet a refreshing essential oil bath. This helps to overcome itchiness. You can use any essential oils that will definitely help you give your pet a refreshed feeling and will treat the fleas.